Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We Are The People




WE ARE THE PEOPLE (1/6)
This photograph was taken in Mykonos, Greece using my Mamiya C220, and Fuji Provia Film. I had my eye on this bus for a very long time and I always wanted to have a shoot there. So when my friends got to Greece from Ottawa and one day we were heading to the beach i pulled over and we went to take a couple of shots. We didnt even plan what they would be wearing but it turned out to be perfect because they are all wearing a different variety of colours and designs. They seemed to blend in very well with the colours that were graffitied on the side of the bus. I just love everything about that bus, its got real character, the smashed windows, the suprisingly full of air tire, everything.
Throughout my trip I discovered some great music that just made my summer happen. This photograph was named after one of the songs by "Empire of the Sun''.

All images © Christos Spentzos 2009. These images may not be used without written permission under any circumstances.

The 'Face and Film' art show has come to an end. The last day was on Sunday Sept. 27, and we just took down the photographs last night to make way for the new show. The new show called "Living In The City" looks very interesting, it is displaying the photographic works done by Ottawa's architecture and interior design community. This year's theme is "the Urban Fabric" and will be on starting today (Wednesday Sept. 30th) until October 11th. For more information, please visit the 'A&A Gallery' blog.

Starting today I will be showing you my images that were displayed in our 'Face & Film' show.

1 comment:

  1. smiles, yes we are..
    Grats!..for yo're posts, picts..and blog..
    have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete