Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can You Remember The Human Life?




CAN YOU REMEMBER THE HUMAN LIFE? (4/6)

This photograph was taken on a beach just outside of Downtown Athens, Greece. Now I just want to say straight off the bat that I love the colours in this photograph, they look good together, they feel good together, they compliment each other, and they are just so simple. Anyways, we were on this beach because my sister (Tess Spentzos) was having a test shoot for a movie she is currently working on. I brought my camera with me to take a couple of shots with the film that I had just bought. The funny thing is that my camera happened to be the camera that would be used in the movie by my sister's character, so it was used as a prop during the shoot. While it wasn't being used as a prop, I was taking pictures of the different people we were with. Just before we wrapped up to leave I told my sister to stand by the shore and then I got real low and told her to point into the lens. Now i believe she gave me something special in this shot, her expression is very deep and full of sorrow. When I look at this image it makes me think of our world, how corrupt some things are, the pain different people experience both emotionally and physically. The fact that she is pointing down puts her in a superior position and with the sky being the only apparent background it gives her an almost higher being power, she is a 'goddess' pointing down to humanity. But thats just what I think, maybe you'll see it too if you listen to 'We are the people' by Empire of the sun, that is where this picture get its name from.


All images © Christos Spentzos 2009. These images may not be used without written permission under any circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment